We will post openings for positions we’re looking to fill here throughout the year, but there’s a good chance that there are a number of other positions that could use a willing volunteer, or any number of other ways you can help out! If you’d like to chip in with putting Norwescon 43 together, see what’s listed below, or stop by one of our ConCom volunteer meetings. We’ll be thrilled to see you!
This page was last updated on.
To apply for any of the following positions, contact our Secretary, or stop by one of our monthly planning meetings to volunteer in person!
Year-round position assisting with administering and monitoring the Norwescon Documentation Wiki. Should have knowledge of MediaWiki setup/backend administration. Preferred candidates will have volunteered with Norwescon in the past and have general knowledge of the organization structure and processes.
To apply for any of the following positions, contact our Special Events department, or stop by one of our monthly planning meetings to volunteer in person!
Duties and Responsponsibities include:
- Hire staff, including (but not limited to) the head ninja, judges and emcee
- Hire someone to oversee the children’s part of the Masquerade
- Update/create forms for masquerade participants
- Knows all the Masquerade rules and enforces them as needed
- Writes copy for Publications and Web team with a focus on attracting costumers
- Works with Tech department
- Be aware of what is happening with the Masquerade broadcast the night of the show
- Holds the pre-masquerade meetings to talk with participants on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning and Masquerade rehearsal Saturday morning
- Coordinates with Hall Costume Director, Children’s Masquerade Coordinator, and the Drag Academy for half-time
- Works with Programming to avoid cross scheduling judges and other staff that are also pros
- Holds the Masquerade Viewing and Debrief meeting on Sunday. Takes notes and improve next year’s Masquerade
- Works with volunteers to get staff and door guards
- Works with Site Services on crowd control in the hallways
- Have a background in theatrical productions
- Is a costumer
To apply for any of the following positions, contact our Member Services Department, or stop by one of our monthly planning meetings to volunteer in person!
Info Table Volunteer
- The pool is over there…
- Why yes, there is a dance. (Pointing at the schedule on the monitor)
- Here’s a program guide.
- Gaming is in (this) room (insert room here.)
- Need an elevator? There’s one there, and there.
- The Evergreen rooms are upstairs, over there. Go past the coffee area and head up the stairs.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Reports to Registration Manager
- First line customer service contact for our members.
- Assist with new registration and pre-registration
- Enters and maintains membership information into the Registration database during the convention
- Updates membership information as needed
- Supplies support to the Registration Services Manager and Second as needed
- Cash handling experience a plus
To apply for any of the following positions, contact our Personnel Department, or stop by one of our monthly planning meetings to volunteer in person!
Convention Lounge Host
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Assist in Planning: food and/or decorations
- Assist with pre-prep
Cloak Room help
- Reports to Cloakroom Managers
- Securely store and return to the appropriate person items stored by members of the convention.
To apply for any of the following positions, contact our Convention Services Department, or stop by one of our monthly planning meetings to volunteer in person!
- Reports to Dispatch Supervisor
- Assist in management and operations of dispatch center
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to remain calm while multitasking