The Single Pattern Contest is under way!
This year’s pattern is Simplicity Pattern 8770: Unisex Costume Capes.
The object of the competition is to create a one-of-a-kind garment using this pattern. Some adjustments or changes to the pattern is allowed as long as the end product reflects the original pattern.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Best of Show (workmanship)
- Best Use of Convention Theme — “The Longest Night”
- Judges’ Favorite
- Best Novice (to be eligible for this award, you must be a first time participant in the Single Pattern Contest)
- People’s Choice Award
No preregistration is required. Entries can be submitted at the judging session on Saturday in Cascade 5 & 6 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Along with your entry, please provide a short description of your entry, its inspiration, and any special techniques or materials used.
- The People’s Choice Award will be decided and all winners will be announced at the Show and Share on Saturday in Cascade 5 & 6 from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
- Awards will be presented during the Masquerade half-time.
The patterns can be purchased from Simplicity, or at your local fabric store.