Norwescon ConCom Staff Information
Please note: Items posted on this page are primarily intended for members of the Norwescon Convention Committee. There’s nothing confidential or private here, so if you’re curious, feel free to browse around even if you’re not part of our ConCom. Or, of course, come join us at one of our monthly ConCom meetings and be a part of Norwescon’s inner workings!
This page last updated.
Staff Block Room Request
If you are Norwescon staff and would like to stay in the reserved staff block at the hotel during the convention (Wing 7 or the third floor of the tower), please fill out this form to make your request. You must have a DoubleTree room reservation number — if you haven’t yet reserved a room at the hotel, please do that first!
Need to send something in to Publications so we can announce it to the world, update a page on the website or add something new, add it to our program book, or anything along those lines? Make sure you’re giving us everything we need by filling out this form; we’ll give it an editorial pass and then make sure it gets where it needs to go.
We have started the process of building a documentation wiki for documenting non-confidential internal processes and procedures. This is still in the very early stages, so content is just being added. If you are a current ConCom member and would like to contribute to this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request editing access.
Google Group Instructions
Please make sure you are signed up for the Norwescon ConCom mailing list! We manually add staff to this mailing list whenever possible, but missing or changed email addresses can sometimes result in people not being added or not receiving messages.
To make sure you are part of the group:
- Go to the norwescon-concom Google group and sign in with your Google credentials OR the email address you believe should be getting messages from the group.
- If you see messages, then you’re in and should be getting messages. If you’re not sure you’re getting messages, click on “My membership settings” on the left sidebar and verify your email settings (address and how frequently updates are sent to you).
- If you see a “You don’t have permission to access this content” message, you are not a member of the group. Please click on the “Contact owners and managers” link to send an email requesting access to the group. Please be sure to include your name, department, and position in the email so we can verify your eligibility.
NWC45 ConCom Meeting Documents
Agendas and any necessary supplemental documents for ConCom meetings will be posted here within the week prior to each meeting; minutes from this year’s ConCom meetings will be posted following each month’s meeting.
NWC45 Meeting Schedule
- September 17, 2022 (Facebook event)
- October 22, 2022 (Facebook event)
- November 19, 2022 (Facebook event)
- December 17, 2022 (Facebook event)
- January 21, 2023 (Facebook event)
- February 11, 2023 (Facebook event)
- March 11, 2023 (Facebook event)
- April 29, 2023 post-con meeting (Facebook event)
ConCom meetings will be held in-person this year in Maxi’s Ballroom at the SeaTac Doubletree Hotel. A virtual attendance option will be available and announced on the “Staff Updates” section of the website.
Until further notice, for in-person attendees, a full course of vaccination against COVID-19 is required and a face mask must be worn at all times when not actively eating or drinking.
Staff should check with their department head or Exec for department breakout meeting information.
Noon: ConCom meeting starts
~2 p.m.: Post-ConCom social (no Zoom stream)
October 22 ConCom
- Agenda (98KB .pdf)
September 17 ConCom