Norwescon 44 once again makes its home at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport conveniently located in SeaTac, Washington, just south of Seattle proper.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport
18740 International Blvd
Reservations for Norwescon 44 are now open!
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport has agreed to provide Norwescon members in the Norwescon room block with a flat guest room rate of $144 per night for up to four (4) people. If more than four people occupy a guest room, a daily charge of $10 per additional person will apply. Five (5) people is the maximum occupancy per room. Guaranteed tower room upgrades are $40 extra ($184 per night).
The easiest and fastest way to reserve your room at the Norwescon rate of $144 a night is via this link.
- Please double-check the dates on your reservation! Remember, Norwescon 44 will be Thurday, April 14th through Sunday, April 17th, 2022. You may also reserve your room at the Norwescon rate by calling the hotel directly at 1-206-246-8600 (be sure to give them the “NOR” group code), or through the main hotel website (you must enter the code “NOR” in the “Group Code” field under the “Add Special Rate Codes” link, otherwise no rooms will be shown as available).
- ARRIVING EARLY – STAYING AFTERWARDS? If you need additional nights (arriving early or staying late) please make your reservation and receive a confirmation number. You can then contact the hotel to see if additional nights are available at the group rate.
- GUESTROOM UPGRADES: The group rate of $144 is offered for standard guestrooms with either one king bed or two queen beds. If you wish to confirm a guestroom in the tower, there is an additional fee of $40.00 per room per night.
- GUESTROOM DEPOSIT: You will be charged one night’s room and tax within 7–10 business days of booking your room. If you do not see this charge within 7–10 business days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to cancel your reservation, please do so by January 25, 2022 to avoid forfeiting your deposit. For more information on why this policy was enacted, please see this weblog post.
- AT CHECK-IN DEPOSIT: When checking in for Norwescon 43, the hotel will place a $50/night hold on your credit or debit card for incidentals. This hold will be released when you check out (assuming there are no necessary charges incurred), but please be sure to factor this charge into budgeting your weekend.
- ACCESSIBILITY: If you need an accessible room (rather than a full ADA room), please make sure to check the “Accessible” box (located in the “Other Information” box on the “Personal Information” page after you have selected your room type). As there are accessible rooms located throughout the hotel, this option does not guarantee a tower room; please see the “Guestroom Upgrades” item in this section for information on reserving tower rooms.
- PARKING: Norwescon’s group rate includes complimentary parking for one (1) car per guestroom; additional cars are $10.00 per space per day. Please note that your guestroom confirmation may note the hotel’s standard rate parking rate of $25/day; if you are booked at the Norwescon special group rate the hotel will adjust your parking at check in.
- The hotel has a limited number of Double Queen rooms, so unless you need two beds, we request you reserve a Single King room.
- Reservations for the Norwescon room block will close on March 18, 2022 (unless we sell out earlier).
- Interested in hosting a party? Please review the suite and party guidelines (93 KB .pdf).
- The Norwescon 44 Hotel Liaison will begin accepting reservation requests on this page starting December 11, 2021.
- Norwescon will determine who gets which suites; our goal is to see that the rooms are used in a way that best serves our members.
- Determination on who gets a suite will be based on the information supplied to Norwescon through the request form.
- Presidential and Parlor Suites are located in the Tower and are for low noise social events. You should not be able to hear the party in the hallway, or on other floors of the tower. Noise complaints will be handled in accordance with hotel policy. Typical acceptable uses for these suites are receptions, socials, cocktail parties, coffee klatches, luncheons, teas, etc.
- Lakeside Suites and Family Rooms are located in the “party” wing (5B) and are appropriate for louder events.
- A damage deposit is required for all suites (please see details under “Damage Deposit” below).
- The Norwescon Hotel Liaisons will notify groups if they get a suite as soon as possible.
- There will be a waiting list in case one of the suites becomes available at a later date.
- Should any questions or concerns arise you may contact the Norwescon Hotel Liaison by e-mailing email@example.com.
Prices and descriptions
Presidential Suites ($398/night) are located in the Tower, and have room to entertain up to 35 people. They feature a ½ bath off the formal entry, a large living room with two couches and two chairs, dining room table and six chairs, wet bar, and refrigerator. Balcony entrances are at both the living room and bedroom. Connecting rooms are available.
Parlor Suites ($348/night) are located in the Tower, and have room to entertain up to 25 people. They feature a main bathroom off entry, a couch, two chairs, dining room table and four chairs, wet bar, and refrigerator. The King size bedroom has a half bath. Balcony entrance off the living room. No connecting rooms are available. (There are some adjoining rooms available).
Lakeside Suites ($348/night) are located in Wing 5B, and have room to entertain up to 34 people. They feature a ½ bath off the entry, a large living room with a couch and two chairs, dining room table and four chairs, work desk, TV in armoire, wet bar, and refrigerator. The King size bedroom has a separate bathroom featuring a large shower and separate bathtub. Separate balconies for the living room and bedroom. Connecting rooms are available.
Family Rooms ($268/night) located in Wing 5B, are two (2) connecting sleeping rooms. Great for parties, these rooms have one hallway entrance and one bathroom. Please note that these rooms are in the party wing, and may not be suitable for families due to noise.
- A damage/cleaning deposit of $1,000.00 will be required for all suites.
- A credit card of the guest will be pre-approved for the amount, but will not be charged the deposit until checkout.
- Before checking out, it is the responsibility of the guest to have someone from the front desk visit the suite or rooms to verify the condition of the room or suite. Any damage should be noted at that time. When you’re ready to check out, please contact the Norwescon Convention Services office if you would like a convention committee member to be present.
About the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport
- View descriptions of guest rooms, including accessible rooms.
- More information on the hotel’s accessibility features is also available from the hotel’s website: look for the “Accessible Amenities” button under the “Our Amenities” section.
- Parties are allowed only in the party wing (Wing 5B). If you’re planning on hosting a party, request a room in the party wing (5B) when making your room reservation. Be sure to review the rules (93 KB .pdf) about hosting parties (social events).
- Need a sitter? The Doubletree has a relationship with Best Sitter (206) 682-2556.
If questions or concerns arise which you are unable to resolve by contacting the hotel, you may contact the convention committee Hotel Liaison through our contact page.