Norwescon is run entirely by volunteers. Each year, over 250 people generously give of their time in order to make Norwescon the best it can be for its members and participants.
Volunteers are the backbone of the convention, from those of us who donate our time year round to those of you who lend a much needed helping hand for a couple of hours at the convention. Whether that is watching the doors at the Masquerade, helping out at the Registration Desk, or manning the Cloak Closet, we need that help.
Norwescon 43 ConCom Meeting Dates
ConCom meetings are (usually) held on the second Saturday of the month, starting in August or September. This year’s meeting dates are:
- September 14 (RSVP on Facebook)
- October 12 (NOTE: This meeting will be held at the Kaiser Permanente Renton Campus. See below for more details.) (RSVP on Facebook)
- November 2 (RSVP on Facebook)
- December 14 (RSVP on Facebook)
- January 18 (RSVP on Facebook)
- February 8 (NOTE: This meeting will be held at the Kaiser Permanente Renton Campus.) (RSVP on Facebook)
- March 7 (RSVP on Facebook)
- May 2 (Post-Con Meeting) (RSVP on Facebook)
- 11:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.: Social Time
- 12:00 p.m.–12:15 p.m.: Introductions
- 12:15 p.m.–12:30 p.m.: Announcements
- 12:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m.: Breakouts
- 2:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.: Report Backs
- 5:00 p.m.: Post-meeting social (location changes monthly and is announced at the meetings)
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport
18740 Pacific Highway South
SeaTac, WA 98188
For directions and a map, please see the hotel’s website.
NOTE: There is a discounted charge of $8.00 for parking.
We meet in Maxi’s (at the top of the tower) whenever possible, but please consult the hotel readerboard when you arrive to confirm the location of the meeting room.
October Meeting Location
The October ConCom meeting will be held at the Kaiser Permanente Renton Campus (the old Longacres Racetrack site, for pre-1992 Seattle area residents), in room 111.
Kaiser Permanente, Renton Campus
Rainier Building, Room 111
2715 Naches Ave. SW
Renton, WA 98057
There is plenty of parking around the building. Entry is through the Rainier Building lobby. All attendees will need a visitor’s pass, which can be picked up at the front desk of the building. If you plan on attending and have already been hired into a position, please let your Exec know at least a week before the meeting so they can provide your name to the front desk ahead of time. If you have not yet been hired and/or do not know your Exec, the front desk will get you your visitor’s pass when you arrive.