Single Pattern Contest
Have you always wanted to enter the single pattern contest, but hated
the idea of giving up your fabulous creation for the entire weekend?
Now you don’t have to. Participants will model their creations in a private judging & then show them off for the audience in a fashion show. Register today by contacting Terri “Sprite” Specht at email@example.com.
This year’s pattern is 4 different hats (Butterick B3805).
Single Pattern Contest Entry Form (PDF)
Norwescon 31 Single Pattern Contest Rules
- One entry per person.
- You must have a Norwescon 31 badge number to enter the competition. Anyone who is a member of the convention, including concom members, (With the exception of the Single Pattern Contest organizer and judges.) may enter.
- This year’s pattern is Butterick’s B3805, which is four different hats. At the Butterick website, http://www.butterick.com/ you can do a search and see the pattern. You may do any of the four hats on the pattern.
- Entries may be made in any size as long as they fit a human being.
- Minor creative design changes are permitted. This could involve such things as eliminating, changing, or adding minor pieces, as long as the overall silhouette is recognizable as being derived from the pattern.
- Materials and techniques are entirely up to you. All types of embellishments from historical to fantasy are encouraged. However, no messy or perishable substances allowed (Example: peanut butter).
- Entries may be submitted for the Beginner/Intermediate or Advanced/Expert level. Please mark which level you would like to compete under on your entry form. Do note that at the judge’s discretion, entries may be moved to a higher competitive level as the work merits.
- There will also be a “non-compete” that anyone may enter.
- Please pre-register by contacting Terri Specht at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries that have not pre-registered may or may not be accepted depending on available space.
- You or someone you designate will show your entry in a private judging. You will be able to tell the Judges about your creation & any special materials, techniques, provide documentation for recreations, etc.
- You or someone you designate may then participate in a Fashion Show (immediately after judging). In addition to the Judges Awards, there will be a Fan Favorite Award given based off the audience votes from the Fashion Show.
- Awards will be announced during the Masquerade Half-time on Saturday night.
- If you must cancel, please notify the SPC organizer immediately so your spot can be freed up for another entrant.