Norwescon 37 once again makes its home at the DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport conveniently located in SeaTac, Washington.
DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport
18740 International Blvd
Reservations for Norwescon 37 are now open!
The DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport has agreed to provide Norwescon members in the Norwescon room block with a flat guest room rate of $126 per night for up to four (4) people. If more than four people occupy a guest room, a daily charge of $10 per additional person will apply. Five (5) people is the maximum occupancy per room.
The easiest and fastest way to reserve your room at the Norwescon rate of $126 a night is via this link.
- Please double-check the dates on your reservation! This page defaults to a Tuesday, April 15th check-in and Tuesday, April 22nd check-out. While we’d love to hang out with all of you wonderful people for a full week, we don’t want you to accidentally make your reservation for longer than you need!
You may also reserve your room at the Norwescon rate by calling the hotel directly at 1-206-246-8600 (be sure to let them know you want to reserve in the Norwescon room block), or through the main hotel website (you must enter the code “NOR” in the “Group Code” field under the “Add Special Rate Codes” link).
The hotel has a limited number of Double Queen rooms, so unless you need two beds, we request you reserve a Single King room.
Reservations for the Norwescon room block will close on March 14th, 2014 (unless we sell out earlier).
According to the hotel, the difference between standard and deluxe rooms is that deluxe rooms are in the tower.
Note: A deposit equal to the cost of one room night will be charged at the time of reservation. This charge will be fully refundable until 90 days before arrival (January 16th, 2014). For more information on this policy, please see this weblog post.
About the DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport
Take a visual tour of the hotel.
How green is the hotel? (266KB .pdf)
View descriptions of guest rooms, including accessible rooms.
Parties are allowed only in the party wing (Wing 5B). If you’re planning on hosting a party, request a room in the party wing when making your room reservation. Be sure to review the rules about hosting parties (social events).
Need a sitter? The Doubletree has a relationship with Best Sitter (206) 682-2556.
- Hosting a party? Read the hotel rules here.
- The Norwescon 37 Hotel Liaison will begin accepting reservation requests later this year. This will be done via the Norwescon website.
- Norwescon will determine who gets which suites; our goal is to see that the rooms are used in a way that best serves our members.
- Determination on who gets a suite will be based on the information supplied to Norwescon. The order of the request for suites will be taken into account when making this decision.
- Presidential and Parlor Suites are located in the Tower and are inappropriate for events with loud music. Typical acceptable uses for these suites are receptions, socials, cocktail parties, coffee klatches, luncheons, teas, etc.
- Lakeside Suites and Family Rooms are located in the “party” wing (5B) and are appropriate for louder events.
- A damage deposit is required for all suites (please see details under “Damage Deposit” below).
- You can not remove furniture from the hotel rooms yourself. There is a moving company that has worked out a deal with the hotel to remove furniture for you. The Hotel Liaison will pass along your contact information to the company.
- The Norwescon Hotel Liaison will try to let the groups know if they get a room as soon as possible.
- There will be a waiting list in case one of the suites becomes available at a later date.
- Should any question or concerns arise you may contact the Norwescon Hotel Liaison by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prices and descriptions
Presidential Suites ($387/night) are located in the Tower, and have room to entertain up to 35 people. They feature a ½ bath off the formal entry, a large living room with two couches and two chairs, dining room table and six chairs, wet bar, and refrigerator. Balcony entrances are at both the living room and bedroom. Connecting rooms are available.
Parlor Suites ($338/night) are located in the Tower, and have room to entertain up to 25 people. They feature a main bathroom off entry, a couch, two chairs, dining room table and four chairs, wet bar, and refrigerator. The King size bedroom has a half bath. Balcony entrance off the living room. No connecting rooms are available. (There are some adjoining rooms available).
Lakeside Suites ($338/night) are located in Wing 5B, and have room to entertain up to 34 people. They feature a ½ bath off the entry, a large living room with a couch and two chairs, dining room table and four chairs, work desk, TV in armoire, wet bar, and refrigerator. The King size bedroom has a separate bathroom featuring a large shower and separate bathtub. Separate balconies for the living room and bedroom. Connecting rooms are available.
Family Rooms ($260/night) located in Wing 5B, are 2 connecting sleeping rooms. Great for parties, these rooms have one hallway entrance and one bathroom. Please note that these rooms are in the party wing, and may not be suitable for families due to noise.
- A damage/cleaning deposit of $1,000.00 will be required for all suites.
- A credit card of the guest will be pre-approved for the amount, but will not be charged the deposit until checkout.
- Before checking out, it is the responsibility of the guest to have someone from the front desk visit the suite or rooms to verify the condition of the room or suite. Any damage should be noted at that time. When you’re ready to check out, please contact the Norwescon Convention Services office if you would like a convention committee member to be present.
If questions or concerns arise which you are unable to resolve by contacting the hotel, you may contact the convention committee Hotel Liaison through our contact page.