We will post openings for positions we’re looking to fill here throughout the year, but there’s a good chance that there are a number of other positions that could use a willing volunteer, or any number of other ways you can help out! If you’d like to chip in with putting Norwescon 43 together, see what’s listed below, or stop by one of our ConCom volunteer meetings. We’ll be thrilled to see you!
This page was last updated on.
To apply for any of the following positions, contact our Secretary, or stop by one of our monthly planning meetings to volunteer in person!
Year-round position assisting with administering and monitoring the Norwescon Documentation Wiki. Should have knowledge of MediaWiki setup/backend administration. Preferred candidates will have volunteered with Norwescon in the past and have general knowledge of the organization structure and processes.
To apply for any of the following positions, contact our Special Events department, or stop by one of our monthly planning meetings to volunteer in person!
Duties and Responsponsibities include:
- Hire staff, including (but not limited to) the head ninja, judges and emcee
- Hire someone to oversee the children’s part of the Masquerade
- Update/create forms for masquerade participants
- Knows all the Masquerade rules and enforces them as needed
- Writes copy for Publications and Web team with a focus on attracting costumers
- Works with Tech department
- Be aware of what is happening with the Masquerade broadcast the night of the show
- Holds the pre-masquerade meetings to talk with participants on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning and Masquerade rehearsal Saturday morning
- Coordinates with Hall Costume Director, Children’s Masquerade Coordinator, and the Drag Academy for half-time
- Works with Programming to avoid cross scheduling judges and other staff that are also pros
- Holds the Masquerade Viewing and Debrief meeting on Sunday. Takes notes and improve next year’s Masquerade
- Works with volunteers to get staff and door guards
- Works with Site Services on crowd control in the hallways
- Have a background in theatrical productions
- Is a costumer