Norwescon ConCom Staff Information
Please note: Items posted on this page are primarily intended for members of the Norwescon Convention Committee. There’s nothing confidential or private here, so if you’re curious, feel free to browse around even if you’re not part of our ConCom. Or, of course, come join us at one of our monthly ConCom meetings and be a part of Norwescon’s inner workings!
This page last updated.
The Norwescon Bylaws as adopted on April 28, 2018 are available here (84KB .pdf).
Policies and Procedures
The Norwescon Policies and Procedures document (v 14.0) is available here (1.3MB .pdf).
Google Group Instructions
The Norwescon Google Group is the primary notification method for current ConCom members. If you are serving as part of the ConCom this year, we highly recommend subscribing to this group, which can be checked online or delivered directly to you via email. To join the group:
- Sign in to Google Groups (if you don’t have an active Google account, you can still join the group with limited permissions).
- In the search box, search for “norwescon-concom” (screenshot).
- Click on the “norwescon-concom” result (screenshot).
- Click on the “contact the owner” link (screenshot), and send a brief note letting us know that you’re on this year’s ConCom and would like to join the group.
- Once we approve your request, you’ll get an email letting you know.
NWC42 ConCom Meeting Documents
Agendas and any necessary supplemental documents for ConCom meetings will be posted here within the week prior to each meeting; minutes from this year’s ConCom meetings will be posted following each month’s meeting.
- NWC41 Onions and Roses Report (1.1MB .pdf)
- NWC42 Timeline (83KB .pdf) If you have additions, corrections, or items that need to be marked as complete, please email them to email@example.com and cc: your exec and/or your department alias. Please be descriptive if you have corrections.
NWC42 September ConCom
Saturday, September 8th, 2018. Noon–4:30pm at the Kaiser Permanente Renton Campus, Rainier Building, Room 111.
- Agenda (83KB .pdf)
NWC42 October ConCom
Saturday, October 13th, 2018. Noon–4:30pm.
NWC42 November ConCom
Saturday, November 17th, 2018. Noon–4:30pm.
NWC42 December ConCom
Saturday, December 8th, 2018. Noon–4:30pm.
NWC42 January ConCom
Saturday, January 5th, 2019. Noon–4:30pm.
NWC42 February ConCom
Saturday, February 16th, 2019. Noon–4:30pm.
NWC42 March ConCom
Saturday, March 9th, 2019. Noon–4:30pm.
NWC42 April ConCom
Saturday, April 6th, 2019. Noon–4:30pm.
NWC42 May Post-Con ConCom
Saturday, May 11th, 2019. Noon–4:30pm.
- 11:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.: Social Time
- 12:00 p.m.–12:15 p.m.: Introductions
- 12:15 p.m.–12:30 p.m.: Announcements
- 12:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m.: Breakouts
- 2:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.: Report Backs
- 5:00 p.m.: Post-meeting social (location changes monthly and is announced at the meetings)
Meeting Place (unless noted otherwise)
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport
18740 Pacific Highway South
SeaTac, WA 98188
For directions and a map, please see the hotel’s website.
NOTE: There is a discounted charge of $8.00 for parking. We meet in Maxi’s (at the top of the tower) whenever possible, but please consult the hotel readerboard when you arrive to confirm the location of the meeting room.
Feel free to download the .pdf flyers below and post them wherever you’re able to do so (with permission, of course)!
2016 Summer Retreat Report
Approximately 50 Norwescon ConCom members met over the final weekend of July to discuss topics and issues of importance regarding the convention, both specific to Norwescon 40 and as we move forward from there. This report summarizes the brainstorming, discussion, and action items decided on at the retreat. Norwescon Summer Retreat 2016 Report (133 KB .pdf).