The Single Pattern Contest is under way!
Do you seem to be having tremendous difficulty with your life style? Don’t Panic! Put on your trusty bathrobe and grab your towel and get set for a fabulous weekend! Do not allow yourself to be constrained by rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Just come along and have a good time. Norwescon is a fun place. The mice will be happy to judge your fabulous creations in this year’s single pattern contest.
This year’s pattern is Simplicity Pattern 8804: Women’s and Men’s Robe and Pants. Here’s a link to the pattern.
The object of the competition is to create a one-of-a-kind garment using this pattern. Some adjustments or changes to the pattern is allowed as long as the end product reflects the original pattern.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Best of Show (workmanship)
- Best Use of Convention Theme — “Don’t Forget Your Towel”
- Judges’ Favorite
- People’s Choice Award
No preregistration is required. Entries can be submitted at the judging session on Saturday (time and location TBA).
- Along with your entry, please provide a short description of your costume, its inspiration, and any special techniques or materials used.
- The People’s Choice Award will be decided and all winners will be announced at the Show and Share on Saturday.
- Awards will be presented during the Masquerade half-time.
The patterns can be purchased from Simplicity, or at your local fabric store.