The Single Pattern Contest is under way!
This year’s patterns are Simplicity 8410 and McCall’s 7486, Misses’ and Mens’ Pokemon Trainer. The object of the competition is to create a one-of-a-kind garment and one or more of the accessories using these patterns. Some adjustments or changes to the accessories patterns are allowed as long as the end product reflects the original pattern.
Judging will be based on:
- Best of Show (workmanship) — both in the garment and the accessory-based pattern.
- Best Use of Convention Theme — “Uncovering Mysteries”
- Judges’ Favorite
- People’s Choice Award
No preregistration is required. Entries can be submitted at the judging session on Saturday (time and location TBA).
- Along with your entry, please provide a short description of your costume, its inspiration, and any special techniques or materials used.
- The People’s Choice Award will be decided and all winners will be announced at the Show and Share on Saturday.
- Awards will be presented during the Masquerade half-time.