Thank you for your interest in Norwescon’s Single Pattern Contest!
This year’s pattern is Simplicity 8196, Misses’ D.C. Comics Bombshells Wonder Woman Costume. The object of the competition is to create a one-of-a-kind garment and use three or more of the accessories using this pattern. Some adjustments or changes to the accessories pattern are allowed as long as the end product reflects the original pattern.
Judging will be based on:
- Best of Show (workmanship) — both in the garment and the accessory based pattern.
- Best Use of Convention Theme — “Over the Hills and Far Away”
- Judges’ Favorite
- People’s Choice Award — determined at the Show and Share
Have fun with this pattern. Choose 3 items from the pattern. Make them longer, shorter, narrower, or wider. Change the emblems and symbols to make it fit your one-of-a-kind garment.
No preregistration is required. Entries will be taken at the judging session.
- Judging will take place on Saturday (time and location to be announced later).
- Be prepared to write a short description of your costume, its inspiration, and any special techniques or materials used.
- Show and Share will take place on Saturday (time and location to be announced later).
- The People’s Choice award will be decided at this session. All other winners will be announced at this time as well.
- Awards will be presented during the Masquerade half-time.
The pattern can be ordered from Simplicity.