Norwescon offers table space to clubs, groups, conventions, and organizations that promote science, science fiction, fantasy, costuming, and other fannish pursuits. This table space is an opportunity to share your enthusiasm with Norwescon members who have similar interests.
Norwescon 40 is pleased to welcome the following organizations as club/fan table participants:
All’s Faire 2017
Alliance LARP Seattle
Anglicon 2017: The Day of the Doctors
Beyond Reality Costumers’ Guild (BRCG)
Costumed Characters for Causes
The Cult of Scott Bakula
The Emerald City Androgums
The Finch Foundation
The Hands That Heal Center for the Healing Arts
Imperial Starbase Society (I.S.S.)
Jet City Comic Show
Museum of Pop Culture
Northwest Science Fiction Society (NWSFS)
OzCon International: The 53rd Annual Winkie Convention
Primitive Festival Alliance
Realm of Chivalry
Songwriters in Seattle
Tenth Fleet – The Royal Manticoran Navy
Washington Shakespeare Festival
We are looking for:
- Clubs, groups, conventions, and organizations that align with the interests of our membership.
- Applicants/organizers who have a membership to Norwescon and who will staff the table for the duration of the convention.
- Applicants/organizers who conduct their business with the convention in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Clubs, groups, conventions, and organizations that are willing to have their members volunteer for a few hours at the convention would be appreciated.
- Clubs, groups, conventions, and organizations that promote science, science fiction, fantasy, costuming, and other fannish pursuits are the heart and soul of our geeky culture, so we do not charge for the tables.
- However, each person staffing a fan table must be registered with the convention and wear their Norwescon membership badge.
Club/Fan Table Facts
- We provide 3′ of half table space and one (1) chair.
- On a space available basis we will provide 6′ tables and two (2) chairs.
- Power may be available at some tables; please contact the club table liaison in advance with your power needs.
- Because table space is limited, display items should fit on the table top or behind the table. Please contact the club table liaison if you have concerns about available space. We may be able to find a location that suits your needs.
- No goods or services may be sold at the tables with the following exceptions:
- Club, convention, or organization publications
- Fundraising items (pins, pens, ribbons, etc.)
- Raffles and membership drawings
- With permission of the club table liaison, assigned table space may be shared with other fannish groups. Tables cannot be sold or sublet.
- Prepare to staff your table space throughout the convention. Table space will be set and ready for you at around noon Thursday through 3:00 p.m. Sunday. Expect to staff tables until 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Tables may be removed after 5:00 p.m. to accommodate convention programming or social events.
- Applications are reviewed, and selections are juried to ensure a balanced selection of interests.
- The deadline for club table requests is Nov. 21st, 2016. After the deadline, tables are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants will be notified early in 2017 whether their applications are approved.