Want to connect with the Norwescon community more than once a year? Do you like nature? Join us for a camping trip — a few days by the beach, with all your nerdy friends, and nothing to do but catch up on your summer reading and cook food over an open fire! Sounds great, right?
Norwescon has reserved the group site at Manchester State Park for August 25 to 27. Bring your tent* and sleeping bags, your summer reading, your campfire cuisine, and spend a couple of days chilling out in the woods with us!
If you’re interested, please contact SunnyJim Morgan to sign up. This event is open to all members of the Norwescon community.
*there are a limited number of RV sites available, too.
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to come.
- Plenty of space! We’ve got a covered shelter, picnic tables, fire pit, showers and bathrooms all just for us.
- Easily accessible from Kingston or Fauntleroy Ferries, or via Highway 16 from Tacoma.
- There are a limited number of RV spots, if you want to bring your camper or RV.
- Want to come, but want to also sleep in your own bed? That’s fine – join us around the campfire until 10pm (you’ll need a Discover Pass if you’re not staying overnight).
- Alcohol is allowed; radios (or other amplified music) aren’t. Bring your own food, tents, etc.
- Check-in time is 3:00 p.m., check-out is 1 p.m. These are firm times.
- There’s beach, and hiking trails, and other attractions. Bring your summer reading!
- There will be a small fee for camping; how much depends largely on how many people come (the more who come, the less expensive it gets).
You can join the event listing on Facebook.
(Header photo by George Wesley & Bonita Dannells)